sfumato was the third and final ND campus band CD compilation of the 90s. The first half of this disc is a great encapsulation of the strength of the mid-decade Power 90s scene. Hot tracks from bands that need no introduction to readers of this blog. Everyone sounds great here, as production quality was sharp. The packaging is also pretty cool, with a massive full-color foldout collage of band photos.
"sfumato: the achievement of smoothing or softening of contours creating imperceptible transitions between colors and surfaces: additionally imparting atmospheric effects"
The second half shifts direction some with acoustic and piano balladry, more conventional rock numbers, and jam bands. Long-running latin ensemble Sabor Latino also spice it up a bit with a hot salsa, and Q.E.D. close the CD nicely with a wicked prog-metal jam.
1. "Trophies and Cash" - Krautmiser
2. "Disquiet" - Sweep the Leg Johnny
3. "Bunny" - July
4. "REV" - Las Peligrosas
5. "King Permission" - emiLy
6. "Keeping Up With The Jones'" - decaf.
7. "Identifying Spiders Web" - Tacklebox
8. "Popsicle Crush" - The Roadapples
9. "Con Sabor" - Sabor Latino
10. "Next Time" - Michael G. McGlinn
11. "Hey Joe" - Emily Lord
12. "Fine With Me" - The Amateurs
13. "Lucky Number" - Little Milton
14. "Mellow" - The Big Earl Band
15. "Oddity of a Stranger" - George and the Freaks
16. "Terminal Space" - Q.E.D.
V/A - The Jericho Sessions (1991)
V/A - Incubus 1993: ND Music Compilation